Obviously, the most significant benefit associated with a self-directed IRA is one’s ability to invest in a wide-array of assets, both traditional and non-traditional. You do have the freedom and flexibility to invest as you see fit, invest in assets that you believe are in your best interests and invest in assets that you have the highest comfort level with your investment strategies.
1) Think of the power of investing into non-traditional assets that are not offered by financial services companies. No more limitations on investing only into Wall Street products.
2) Most financial planners will emphasize the diversification of retirement assets based on several factors. However, shouldn’t one consider diversification in assets outside the offerings of only Wall Street products?
3) The ability to invest in assets that you, the account manager, have the highest comfort level with. You may have experience with real estate investments, rather than stocks, bonds and mutual funds. You now have the ability to invest as you see fit.
4) Invest to protect your retirement plan again market fluctuation and volatility.
5) Interested in investing with others? You can! While one must follow all IRS Prohibited Transactions, you now have the ability to potentially invest with certain family members, friends, business associates and strangers.
6) Depending on your interests and options, you can have your investments grow on either a traditional, pre-tax basis or in an after-tax, Roth manner.
Bottom line is that as an IRA account owner, you have the freedom and flexibility to invest as you see fit. No more being limited by the financial products that your IRA custodian offers. No more being limited to the standard offerings of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Invest as you see fit. In establishing your self-directed IRA through Fulcrum Self-Directed, you now have the flexibility to invest in any asset class that is not prohibited under IRS regulations. No more being handcuffed with the limited options provided to you through your current IRA custodian.